Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Sleepy Dog"

Oh no, oh no, oh no. "Sleepy Dog" is in Pampa.

Bailey has a bedtime ritual that simply cannot be changed. Really. It CANNOT be changed. It MUST be done in the same order, at the same time, every night. If one little step is left out, then the whole household will suffer. Really. I'm not joking. She is very committed to this ritual.

There are seven steps she must take before she can go to sleep. Step number six is reading a little book called "Sleepy Dog". She cannot go to sleep if I read it too soon, too late, in the wrong lighting, if my voice is too loud, too soft, or if I'm not sitting in the right place.

Well, much to our dismay, we left "Sleepy Dog" at my Grandmother's house in Pampa on Saturday.

I have read it so many times, that I have it memorized. I have tried reciting it to her, but it's just not the same. She needs "Sleepy Dog". I was going to wait and pick it up the next time we're in Pampa, but I'm either going to have to have my grandmother mail it to us or try to find another copy somewhere.

Oh, "Sleepy Dog", please come home soon! We ALL need you!

No comments:

Post a Comment