Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Gratitude List

Have you read Jesus Calling?  We have the original and the children's version. I get up early and read before the kids scramble out of bed, then I share each day's reading with Bailey and Zack over breakfast. It is a great way to set our day in motion.


A few mornings ago, I read this:

"I want all your moments to be punctuated with thanksgiving."

I have not been able to escape from this statement. I am a very busy mom. I am always running, always planning, always striving. I am always doing something, but very rarely is that something taking the time to be thankful. Yet, this is what He desires.
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-8

I make lists - lots and lots of lists. I make grocery lists, to-do lists, reading lists, lists of creative ideas, lists of school projects to try, lists of new recipes, lists of music to buy. When I have run out of things to put on my lists, I make lists for everyone in our family. I like to make lists.
Today, I am starting a new list; My Gratitude List.


cornflakes with bananas and Jesus Calling

holding my husband's hand

the mocking bird that sings outside my window, even before sunrise (there has to be a lesson  in that somewhere)

brushing Bailey's long, black hair

purple salvia transplanted from my grandmother's garden

 
bike rides around the neighborhood on a pretty, pink bicycle

blank canvases

my neighbor's cat, Tom, who stops by for a daily visit

teaching my children at home

before and after photos (yes, the remodeling is slow, but so worth it)

mud on Zacky's bare feet

daily phone calls from Mom and Dad

egg drop soup

private jokes


yellow columbines that I didn't think would grow




No comments:

Post a Comment