Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday Ramblings

I love teaching violin lessons. I love hearing sweet, squeeky sounds coming from tiny violins and I love hearing beautiful classical pieces flowing freely from the larger instruments. I love sharing the joy of music with young musicians. It is a gift.

I only teach 3 evenings a week. Yet, those 3 make for very long days. There is the job of homeschooling in the mornings and then I am off to the string studio. I return hours later, tired and hungry. Sometimes Kris has dinner waiting, sometimes I cook a simple meal. Then, I fall into bed with strians of suzuki pieces running through my brain. There are times I have dreamt of "Twinkles" and I have to laugh.

While I love teaching violin lessons, it is nice to take a break now and then. My "now and thens" happen to fall on Tuesdays and Thursdays. These are the days I am "Twinkle-free" and I can just relax with my family.

Today we finshed school before lunch. That gave us the entire afternoon together to just stay home and play. And play we did. We spent time outside, enjoying this warm, windy day. Then we went inside for some art time.

We started by planning our projects, then decided to eat a snack before the "messy" began. We couldn't decide on a snack, so we made kool-aid popsicles. While they were freezing, we started making mosiac paper weights, but what to do with the left over clay? Sculptures of course! Should we paint them? Maybe. Oh, wait, let's paint pictures instead! The sculptures need to dry, anyway. So, out came the water colors and beautiful, thick white paper. Oh, the popsicles - are they ready? Maybe, but it's too close to dinner time, so they will have to wait for dessert.

It's been a fun day and tomorrow I will make my way back to the string studio and teach a Bach minuet to some sweet little violinists.

I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment