Friday, September 11, 2009

Kris

The other night I was getting the kiddos ready for bed and I heard Kris in the living room playing his guitar.

This isn't really all that unusual. When has a down time, you can almost always find him sitting around, barefooted, playing his guitar.

But it was a little different this time.

You see, he was playing a new song. My favorite song.

He didn't even mention to me that he was learning it. He didn't say a word about it. When I asked him about it, all he said was "You like it?"

The week before he had given me a beautiful flower. No note. No explanation.

A few mornings later, I found a love note that he had left on the bathroom mirror before he left for work.

Bailey saw me reading the note and asked who it was from. When I told her she said "Daddy is always in love with you."

It's little things like this that remind me of why I married this guy in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. That's so beautiful. He's so lowkey about things, but you can watch the 2 of you together and see how much in love you are. You guys are a great example to those around you. (But now we have something to make fun of him for at small group...)

    ReplyDelete