Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Plan B

Several years ago, during a particularly difficult time in my life, my friend, Judy, gave me a book called "God Always has a Plan B". It's fun to look back at life and see all of the B plans with which god has blessed me.

The most recent Plan B is my little violin studio. It started out as a hobby. There were two little girls who wanted to learn to play and couldn't find an affordable teacher. "I can do that", I thought. Plan B? I now have 31 students and waiting list.

Bailey and Zack are B plans and that makes me laugh! Two of the greatest joys of my life were not planned, not expected. Their births were surprises - amazing little gifts dropped into my life.

Speaking of amazing gifts, not many people know that even Kris was a Plan B. You see, I was stubborn and spoiled and had absolutely no interest in meeting him. I refused to meet him face-to-face, so my friend, Grace arranged a phone call - on my birhtday - at 6:30am - live, on the air. What a beautifully funny and romantic birthday gift!

Another B Plan? Let's see.... our home, our church, even our beagle - all B plans.

So today, I am thankful for all of the B Plans and looking forward to how God is going to push my plans aside.

We can make our plans,
but the LORD determines our steps.
Proverbs 16:9

1 comment: