Friday, July 17, 2009

Homeschool






At the end of May, I was ready to hang up my "homeschool mama" hat and take a nice looooong summer break. No lesson plans, no class schedules, no frantic trips to the library to find "just that one book" . . . . . And I have to say, I am LOVING summer!

But . . . . .

yesterday I went to Mardel to buy all of our 1st grade curriculum and now I have a bad case of the "homeschool bug" again. I love all of our new goodies and I started making lesson plans last night.

So, maybe I'm not ready for summer to be over just, yet. (We are just having WAY too much fun!) But, at least I know that the first day of school won't be so bad after all.

(These photo's were taken last year, during kindergarten.)

2 comments:

  1. :)
    What did you get?!?!
    The kids are ready to get back to school already. At least, the fun parts of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I bought yesterday:
    Saxon Math 1st grade
    A Reason for Science
    A Reason for Spelling/Phonics
    A Reason for Handwriting
    History for Little Pilgrims

    I already had Hooked on Phonics 1st grade for reading and I'm using the Deep Space Sparkle blog for art :) I'm also planning to use my Betty Lutkens set for Bible.

    ReplyDelete